Proposal Requirements and Expectations
An Advisory Committee of Scientists/Distillers will review the proposals and determine the projects and funding amounts.
The Research Grant RFP will contain:
- Applicant personal information (Name, address, phone number, email, school attending or name of distillery employed at)
- Title and purported topic research
- How this will advance scientific knowledge of distilled beverages
- Expected usage of the funds, including: Any additional testing equipment needed
- Cost of materials
- Cost of testing
- Expected completion date
It is expected that the funds are used for research and testing only. The funds shall not be used on personal expenses such as travel, lodging or food expenses.
Click here to view an example proposal.
Research Grant Awardees will be required to:
- Conduct their research within the defined time frame
- Submit accounting of money spent to the Advisory Committee
- A white paper for the ADI Research Grant website
- An 1000-1500 word summary of the white paper for Distiller Magazine as well as other pre-defined media (university, research journals etc.)
- Present their research at the ADI Conference (Travel stipend will be provided)
- 45 minute breakout session
- A posterboard of their research